Congratulations on Adopting Your New Pet!
Important information to get started on the right paw!
Pet Health Tips for Your New Pet:
- Pet Insurance: Review pet insurance options to determine which are best for your pet. PetFirst offers 30 days free: 1-855-270-PETS (7387)
- Make a Vet Appointment: Schedule your follow up appointment at one of our MHS Veterinary Clinics. Check out: www.michiganhumane.org/vet-care
- Your Pet’s Medical Records: Read all about your pets medical history. The report is part of the adoption paperwork emailed to you.
General Pet Care Tips for Your New Pet:
- Pet license: Contact your city of residence to obtain a license.
- Proof of Ownership: Take a photo of your animal and keep a current photo on file at all times.
- What You’ll Need: Purchase appropriate items to care for your animal (carrier, leash, harness, pet ID tags, bed, bowls, litter box, grooming tools, food, litter, and toys!). Bring proof of adoption to Premier Pet Supply and they will give you 20% off on your first visit! Check out: Premierpetsupply.com
If you have any questions concerning your new pet call 1-866-MHUMANE.
Go to the Michigan Humane Society Home Page
Take $10 OFF your next dog or cat adoption from MHS with this coupon