In-Home Heroes Animal Foster Program
Experience first-hand how you can make an immediate and lasting impact on the life of an animal that needs you help.
In-Home Heroes is the Michigan Humane Society’s short-term, in-home care program which saves lives by helping animals who need a little extra time and TLC prior to adoption.
Animals may be placed in foster homes for a variety of reasons: illness, injury, they are too young for adoption, etc.
We supply the resources – you supply the love!
Better by Design
Often referred to as animal fostering, MHS’ progressive program is designed with a convenient, short-term, structured focus, providing the maximum value to the animals – and their temporary caretakers.
The In-Home Heroes program will provide you with the resources and support needed through every foster experience.
- Food and supplies provided
- Help animals in your home, as your schedule allows
- Program includes training and support
- You choose which animals you can help
Fostering may be for you if you can answer Yes to two or more of the following questions:
- Do you love animals?
- Have extra space in your home and extra time in your schedule?
- Do you have prior pet care experience?
- Are you a “snowbird” who can only have pets a few months out of the year?
- A frequent traveler who can’t commit to long term pet ownership?
Samantha’s Road To Recovery
Share your love with an animal in need
To become an MHS foster caregiver, call (734) 398-4961 and leave a message with your daytime contact information. Or call Laura Kniffen directly
at 248-283-1000, ext. 127